Take the next step and begin developing the tech career you’ve always dreamed of. We’re here to help you get started.
How it Works
Motivated individuals committed to pursuing a technology career are encouraged to apply. We partner with local organizations to identify promising students and match them to coding schools. If an applicant meets certain qualifications and coding school standards, they are accepted into the program. Tech2Thrive will pay the tuition directly to the coding bootcamp partner. We invest in long-term success by providing career readiness, job placement support, and mentoring.
The Tech2Thrive Fund requires successful students to pay it forward by repaying the cost of tuition provided by this fund. Graduates who successfully land an IT position, making $45,000 annually or more, will repay the fund over a period of time. This pay it forward model ensures philanthropic donations will have a lasting return and future talent have a bridge to a well-paying IT position.
Top Coding Bootcamps
1:1 Career Coaching
Access to Hiring Partners
We Provide the Support You Need to Succeed
- Individual & group discussions with IT professionals
- Resume & LinkedIn coaching sessions
- Networking opportunities & Employer connections
- Mock-interviewing: identify strengths & improvement areas
In order to be eligible for the program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be the age of 18+
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be a resident of the Greater Cincinnati area (Cincinnati, Dayton, Northern Kentucky)
- Be a Citizen or Permanent Resident of the US
- Have no significant criminal record (ie. Felony conviction)
- Complete a background check
- Be committed to working in an IT position after graduating from training
- Demonstrate economic need*
- Be able to participate in all scheduled program classes, workshops, and program events for the full duration of the program
*All applicants must demonstrate economic need to qualify. Applicants may demonstrate need if they are unemployed, underemployed, or are currently receiving public benefits such as unemployment insurance, Medicaid, subsidized housing, nutrition or income support.
- Recipients cannot combine these funds with any other tuition reduction or lending program.
- Recipients must enroll by the deadline.
- Recipients who enroll using a Tech2Thrive Fund agree to provide a success story upon graduation.
- Pay It Forward reserves the right to amend the fund terms and conditions at any time, at its sole discretion.
- Funds are awarded based on financial need and the applicant’s ability to meet requirements of both the course and fund application.
What is Tech 2 Thrive?
Tech 2 Thrive makes tech careers accessible for everyone by removing the financial barriers associated with coding boot camps and technical training. Our deferred payment model allows students to enroll in a coding bootcamp today with a $500 deposit and pay back the tuition only after gaining employment making at least $45,000 annually.
What is the selection process?
1. Complete the online application
2. Upon meeting the application requirements, you will complete a Basic Education Test and Technical Aptitude Evaluation
3. .If you pass the evaluation, we will schedule you for an interview with us to learn about your interest in starting a career in tech
4. After a successful interview with us, you will meet with our training partner for an interview and to discuss the expectations of the course.
5. Applicants who pass all areas and are selected will be invited to enroll in Tech 2 Thrive.
How long is this program?
Tech 2 Thrive supports students over a 12 – 24 month period. The training portion of Tech 2 Thrive consists of an 11 week course–Monday through Friday during normal business hours. After graduation, Tech 2 Thrive will support the student in career development for up to 12 months after gaining employment.
Where is the bootcamp located?
Max Technical Training is our training provider and runs in-person bootcamps from their location.
Due to our partners’ investment in this program, the total cost of the bootcamp is $7,000 in 2020. Upon acceptance into the program, make a $500 deposit to secure your seat in the course. After graduation and gaining employment with a minimum salary of $45,000, you will begin making payments at 0% interest for the first 12 months and 10% interest for the next 6 months.
Will I get career services help?
Yes, Max Technical Training and Tech 2 Thrive will provide resume and interview support, as well as connection to area employers.