Social Impact Fund
Social Impact Fund Process
The Social Impact Fund (SIF) is a funding opportunity open to local 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that are improving lives and communities through their work in one of three focus areas: Children’s Health & Wellness, Cincinnati Poverty Issues, and Youth Technology Initiatives.
Initiated in 2015, the SIF follows a collective giving model made up of funds donated by Ingage Partners employees and funds matched by Ingage Partners. Those investing in the Social Impact Fund will be voting on which of the finalists will receive the 2019 Social Impact Fund award.
In order to be considered for a grant, your organization must meet the following criteria:
- Registered as a 501(c) 3 organization within the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky/Dayton are
- Provide or intend to provide programming in any of the following areas:
- Children’s Health & Wellness
- Cincinnati Poverty Issues
- Youth Technology Initiatives
Applications that are programmatic, capital, start-up, or research-oriented will be considered. We regret that we cannot accept any of the following types of applications: endowment, existing operating costs, partisan activities, completed projects, individual churches, indigent care subsidy, travel, loans, pass-through funds, or for individuals
2019 SIF Timeline
- January 18 – All Letters of Intent (LOI) due at noon
- January 25 – All organizations notified of status and finalists notified of request for further information
- February 8 – Final award supplemental information due at noon
- February 25 – Finalists notified
- March 8 – Finalist presentations and awards announced
Eligible nonprofit organizations must submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) to be considered for the SIF award. Once all submitted LOI’s have been reviewed, Ingage Group will request more detail (budget, site visit, phone interview) from short-listed organizations. All organizations who submitted an LOI will be notified of their status by January 25, 2019
Up to four organizations will be selected to participate in the finalist presentations, which will take place on March 8th, 2019. Each presentation will consist of brief, interactive 10 minute presentations followed by a 10 minute question and answer session with Ingage Partners employees. Presentations may include 2 individuals from each organization.
All finalist organizations will be awarded $1,000. Ingage Partners employees who invested in the Social Impact Fund will vote to select one winning organization, who will be awarded $40,000 and 100+ hours of volunteer/pro bono work from Ingage Partners (estimated value of pro bono time is $10,000). Final amount will be announced March 8. The winning award will be distributed in milestones during 2019 with the full amount disbursed by October 31st.